The Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) is pleased to name 12 Restaurant Legends from Don’s Seafood & Steakhouse in Lafayette. The recipients were recognized at the LRA Acadiana Chapter Restaurant Legends Banquet at the Petroleum Club of Lafayette, January 19, 2015.
|The Restaurant Legends at Don's Seafood & Steakhouse in Lafayette has a|
total of 468 years of experience and service to the restaurant.
The Restaurant Legends Award recognizes the long-term dedication of employees of the restaurant industry, with 20 or more years of service at one establishment.
With 468 combined years of experience and service at Don’s Seafood & Steakhouse, these men and women exemplify the satisfaction of making their jobs a lifelong and rewarding career.
- Clarence Angelle, busser, employed for 35 years
- Cynthia Chaisson, kitchen manager and cook, employed for 35 years
- Deanna Duhon, server, employed for 40 years
- Nedia George, prep cook and cook, employed for 41 years
- William “Billy” Melancon, cook, employed for 38 years
- Sharon Mertz, manager and office assistant, employed for 38 years
- Kim Peterman, manager, employed for 35 years
- Joey Quebedeaux, kitchen manager, employed for 38 years
- Jenny Scott, server, employed for 35 years
- Tyrone Tine, kitchen manager, employed for 33 years
- McKinley Trahan, prep cook, employed for 63 years
- Richard Washington, cook, employed for 37 years
These recipients join more than 130 individuals in our state recognized by the LRA through its Restaurant Legends program. Collectively, these industry professionals have more than 4,000 years of service to Louisiana restaurants and suppliers.
“Don’s has been in business for 80 years and that kind of success would not be possible without employees who make your customers want to return time and time again,” said Rocky Landry, owner of Don’s Seafood & Steakhouse. “These are dedicated people that have given their lives to the success of this restaurant.”