Friday, January 30, 2015

In Memoriam: 3 Baton Rouge LRA members leave legacy of dedication and compassion

Amy Nesbit
The Louisiana Restaurant Association’s thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends, co-workers, employees and customers of the following Baton Rouge Chapter members who recently passed away.

Amy Elizabeth Nesbit of Baton Rouge died at the age of 55 on January 13, 2015. Nesbit, with her husband, renovated the downtown Baton Rouge historic building, De La Ronde Hall and operated it for 20 years.

"I met Amy while planning my wedding reception at De La Ronde Hall years ago," said Beth Altazan. "She was an amazing person and so delightfully attentive." 

Charles "Greg" Giamanco
Charles Gregory “Greg” Giamanco of Baton Rouge died at the age of 66 on January 16, 2015. He was the owner and operator of Giamanco’s Restaurant in Baton Rouge for 46 years, until its closing in 2002.

"I will never forget the kindness Greg showed me during my illness when I worked for him at Giamanco's," said Kathleen Fountain. "I worked for the family for almost 14 years years." 

"Greg was a wonderful man and a great boss," commented another former employee of almost 14 years on the online guestbook. "I will never forget Greg helping me through my cancer and making a place for me to come back to work." 

Christina Bannister
Christina Bannister of Baton Rouge died at the age of 60 on January 26, 2015. She served downtown workers for 20 years with homestyle cooking at her restaurant, Christina’s. 

"She considered all her customers family," her brother Mike said. "That's what she put into her cooking...that love that you have when you cook for people you care about." 

During an interview with WAFB last year, Bannister reflected on opening her restaurant two decades earlier. "I had no prior knowledge about the restaurant business at all," she said. "I didn't know anything about it. It was the local guys that stood behind me and put their feet under the table and supported me." 

"It is rather sad to lose such hardworking and dedicated professionals in our industry and so closely together," said LRA Past Chairwoman Miriam Juban. "I have fond memories of working with all of them to improve our industry." 

No comments:

Post a Comment