The National Restaurant Association has launched a new and improved version of its Restaurant TrendMapper online subscription service that will help industry professionals improve their business performances.
The service will help restaurateurs, analysts and allied industry professionals:
Keep up-to-date with the latest economic indicators and trends that affect their business environment
- Stay current with trends through the NRA’s Restaurant Performance Index
- Data on sales, employment, capital expenditures, and wholesale food and menu price inflation
“Restaurant TrendMapper is a unique resource of industry data and analysis in easy-reference form, which eliminates the need to constantly dig through complicated data files to get a snapshot of what’s going on in the industry,” said Bruce Grindy, the NRA’s chief economist and author of Restaurant TrendMapper. “The service provides running analysis of key industry indicators that are crucial for tracking trends and planning strategically for the future.”
Grindy also said the new and improved site would allow operators to “keep an eye on food and commodity prices is helpful for menu planning; if beef is becoming more expensive, the operator might temporarily cut back and promote other proteins until price pressures ease.”
“Restaurant TrendMapper also contains useful data and analysis for suppliers to the restaurant industry. Our monthly tracking breaks down capital expenditure plans by industry segment, which can help allied professionals anticipate their own business conditions in the months ahead,” he added.
Restaurant TrendMapper also features:
- Continually updated NRA research and forecasting
- Analysis of the latest data from government sources, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics and U.S. Census Bureau
- Downloadable data files for use outside of the online platform in both text and chart formats
In addition, industry professionals also can track topics, such as:
- Wage and hour trends
- Restaurant locations
- Macro-economic indicators, and select state and regional data
NRA members interested in receiving Restaurant TrendMapper are eligible for exclusive pricing on it and all other research publications.