For the 60th year, the Louisiana Restaurant Association is proud to bring you the largest, most comprehensive foodservice tradeshow in the Gulf South: the Louisiana Foodservice & Hospitality EXPO. Why go? Keep reading…
8. GASCO. Some events reach the status where acronyms are enough. Celebrating its 10th year, surely the Great American Seafood Cook-Off has earned its due. Watch chefs from across the country try to beat the King or Queen of Louisiana Seafood, Cody Carroll of Hot Tails Restaurant, Saturday, August 3 in Hall J.
7. Make it a vacation. Too often we forget that we live in a state where millions of people travel to each year to experience a culture unlike any other. New Orleans is the undisputed grande dame of tourism, with more than 9 million visitors in 2012. Be in that number this year. While you aren’t on the show floor, experience the city’s finest attractions and of course, her many restaurants.
6. It’s a milestone. This year, the EXPO turns 60, and like the old wine adage goes, age only makes us better. We have some exciting and celebratory plans in store for our big birthday. Be sure to attend the Opening Ceremony on Saturday, August 3, 10:45 a.m. in the lobby of Hall I for the surprise.
5. Shuttle Service. This one is pretty self-explanatory. It’s August. It’s Louisiana. It’s hot. It will probably rain at some point, leaving the concrete in front of the New Orleans Morial Convention Center a steam bath to rival your favorite health club’s. Let us bring you back and forth to your hotel. You’re welcome.
4. New products. Every year the EXPO Department reaches out to the hottest new foodservice companies. They travel to similar tradeshows across the country, bringing back products for you. This year, the EXPO will feature 30+ new companies, ready to impress.
3. Learning opportunities. This won’t be boring, we promise. For the second consecutive year, we are hosting the IDEA ZONE, with express presentations on topics that matter to you, right now. Some are fun—wine pairings with different beef cuts. Some are more fun—sparkling wine pairings. But many are informative and crucial to doing business in today’s time—the Affordable Care Act is coming, y’all.
2. Action in the aisles. Time and time again, we hear from EXPO attendees that one of the best things about the show is catching up with old friends and business associates. The restaurant business is a social one and we give you that opportunity to not only get things done, but also swap news with your peers.
1. One-Stop Shopping. Think of the biggest mall, selling only things useful to your business. Does it hurt that there will also be lots of food to try and lots of alcoholic beverages that need quality control volunteers? It’s a rough job, but someone has to do it. Might as well be you, right?
So, what are you waiting for? Register now!