Board of Directors to guide Foundation’s mission in the new year
The LRAEF, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is the philanthropic arm of the Louisiana Restaurant Association and exists to enhance our community through expanded educational and career opportunities, the formation of strategic partnerships and the elevation of the restaurant industry’s professional standards and practices.
The Board of Directors is also responsible for distributing the LRAEF’s scholarship funds that it gifts annually to students pursuing a culinary education. Since 2010, the LRAEF Scholarship Fund has awarded $140,000 to 54 students.
The 2014 LRAEF Board of Directors’ new member is Chauncey Davis, with Ben E. Keith in Sulphur.
He is joining current members:
- Helen LeBourgeois, Chair- TLC Linen Services, New Orleans
- Lenny Raymond, Vice Chair- Ben E. Keith
- Donna Stephenson, Secretary/Treasurer- ATMOS Energy, Monroe
- Fabian Castillo, Immediate Past Chair- La Casa Del Sol in Houma & Thibodaux
- John Eastman, Industry Representative- Auto-Chlor Services, Jefferson
- Bruce Attinger, LRA Chair- Outback Steakhouse, Baton Rouge
- Dwight Barnes- Crescent Crown Distributing, New Orleans
- Lucien Gunter- Acme Oyster House, Metairie
- Octavio Mantilla- Besh Restaurant Group, New Orleans
- Peter Sclafani- Ruffino’s Restaurant & Ruffino’s on the River, Baton Rouge & Lafayette
“The LRAEF is excited to begin another great year with our dedicated board members,” said LRAEF Executive Director Alice Glenn. “Our directors volunteer countless hours throughout their tenure to the advancement of the Foundation and we are so very grateful.”
The LRAEF would like to thank its Partners, whose financial assistance makes its programs a reality: 5 Diamond- Auto-Chlor Services, Louisiana Hospitality Foundation, Acme Oyster House and Louisiana Seafood; 4 Diamond- Performance Foodservice Caro; 3 Diamond- Louisiana Culinary Institute, ATMOS Energy, New Orleans Wine & Food Experience and Drago’s Seafood Restaurant; 2 Diamond- Louisiana Gas Association, Chef Paul Prudhomme’s “Sea of Hope,” and Whole Foods; 1 Diamond- Entergy. Also, the LRAEF extends special recognition to all LRA chapters that support the LRAEF through its various philanthropic activities throughout the year.