“Healthcare is one of the most important challenges facing our industry and our members are searching for answers and information,” said Stan Harris, LRA President and CEO. “The strategic partnership will help our members identify solutions to help them meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.”
With nearly 200,000 Louisianans employed within the restaurant industry, the LRA teamed up with UHC to provide large and small members with accessible and comprehensive wellness plans, featuring:
· Medical, dental, vision and life insurance;
· Access to UHC’s network of healthcare providers and services;
· A range of wellness programs for groups and individuals;
· A discount card for saving on an array of wellness products and services, including prescriptions;
· Easy, online plan management with access to benefits, rates and real-time assistance;
· Health management tools, including a medical encyclopedia, disease and condition centers, information on tests and procedures and a drug guide and interaction checker;
· And compliance assurance for employers and employees.
As part of the NRA initiative, the LRA has chosen to work with UHC because of the wide range of innovative products and services the company offers that can meet the diverse needs of restaurant employers, employees and their families. For more information, visit www.lra.org.